Friday, May 25, 2012

Dancing Oaks...Just a Few More Photos

IF YOU DON'T MIND, I thought I'd share a few more photos from my jaunt through the garden paths and greenhouse aisles of Dancing Oaks.

I took this photo in the tropical greenhouse. I'm not sure, but this could be a Fuchsia. 


I just love these guys creeping over the rocky edge. 

Isn't this little thing a cutie pie? 


These little Shooting Stars were in a trough hiding under a Japanese Maple. 

I don't know why I never think to write anything down. I'm guessing this is an
Agave, right, Loree

Astrantia--this is for you, Scott. I know you said you couldn't make it
to Dancing Oaks so here you go. 

A pretty bi-colored Iris hidden within the Pulmonaria. 

The upper ponds. 

I'm wondering if this is Dictamnus or Gas Plant before the flowers have opened.
Does anyone know? 

I'm not positive but this might be a Darmera peltata. The leaves on mine are slightly different so I'm not sure.

A tree peony, past its prime but still pretty.

Cool pots!

I love Dogwood blossoms. These were really small and oh so delicate. 

Finally, can anyone ID this plant? The tag below is for a neighboring one.
I looks a lot like a hardy geranium but, I'm not sure and Fred was otherwise occupied thanks
to a hefty turnout that day.
Fortunately, there is a lot going on in my own garden these days. The roses and honeysuckles are beginning to bloom and the fragrance is wonderful. I'll probably post photos next time, unless I get strong-armed into going to another nursery, which is highly likely since I'm such a sucker. 

16 comments:

  1. Whatever that first one is, I've never seen one like it...ready to see whats going on in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Grace, I think it's Agave lophantha 'Quadricolor'...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the cute plant pics. I was puzzling over that last plant too, it is strangely like a geranium and yet not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic nursery. I feel like I've just been on a super mini vacation looking at all of these gorgeous photos.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with FlowerLady! It is always SO educational to stroll through a good nursery... Unfortunately, it's really hard for me to remember all the names, etc.

    Those dogwood blossoms are precious, and you photographed MANY beauties.

    Our roses have done SO well this spring, too. I do very little to encourage them. They do it all by themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I djidn't 'mind' at all Grace--I rather LOVED it;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...thanks for the Astrantia "shout-out"...love 'em! I am so jealous you got to go...I thought about it for a moment when we were in the area...but knew I'd be pushing it, trying to get Norm to do TWO nurseries in one day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think that pink shooting star is amazing!!! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of these plants I've never seen before! Is Oregon on another planet? ;o) The last plant looks awesome, whatever it is. I'm a sucker for good nurseries, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics. I love going to nurseries, they're full of such great ideas, and such temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those little shooting stars look so bright against the dark background. I always enjoy when little treasures like that are half hidden in the garden, and then you just catch sight of them as you look underneath or around a corner. I've got to move my shooting stars, as they are in too shady of a location behind a willow. I think of it each spring when they come up and don't flower antmore, but with ephemerals, you can't put it off too long, or you're still thinking about it 4 years later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace,
    I just figured out why I had started to leave a comment, but didn't. I was going to look at my gas plant to see if the leaves looked like the ones in your photo. It's dark now. I'll subscribe to comments, and try to get back to you tomorrow.

    That looks like a nice assortment of plants at that nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that garden looks like there were all kinds of interesting things tucked in. I liked the little cutie pie plant - I know I've seen that in catalogs. Can't remember why I don't have it - it's lovely. All kinds of pretty things there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracie girl what is that tiny pink flower on moss like foliage ?
    I love it !
    What a gorgeous place this is .. I don't get out to nurseries like this .. so I have to enjoy it through everyone else's experiences .. so keep on experiencing it for me girl .. I have to back track to see what else you have been up to !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grace,

    You always give me my pink fix. I love pink in the garden, makes me feel like I am in a fairyland. My garden is almost all pink right now with the roses blooming.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are making me want to visit a nursery....stop it! I have enough to do already. Beautiful photos and I love the aloe bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.